Seton Hall community grieves student’s death

Dear Seton Hall community, On Tuesday, we experienced an unimaginable tragedy when one of our own Seton Hall students, 23-year-old senior Julian Myles Mislavsky, died after falling from the roof of the parking deck on the South Orange campus. Our hearts go out to Mislavsky’s family, friends and all those who loved and cared deeply about him. We are all shocked at the news of his passing and are in complete disbelief. [caption id="attachment_23693" align="aligncenter" width="508"] Photo obtained from google.com.[/caption] This is a tough time for the Seton Hall community. If you feel like you need to talk to someone about this or need help getting through this difficult time, please reach out to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). In her emails to the SHU community this week, Interim President Dr. Mary Meehan stressed that those who need to talk with someone about what happened should seek help from CAPS or Campus Ministry. CAPS is located on the second floor of Mooney Hall, Room 27. You can stop by their office or call them during their regular business hours, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., to schedule an appointment. They can be reached at 973-761-9500. If it’s after hours, call Public Safety at 973-761-9300. Public Safety can contact a CAPS on-call counselor who is available for emergency phone consultation and crisis intervention. Students can also reach out to Campus Ministry at 973-761-9545. Again, if you want or need to talk to someone about what happened, please speak to someone from CAPS or Campus Ministry. They are here to help us in this time of need. We are all extremely saddened by the death of one of our own. We are a close community and when something horrible like this happens, we all share the pain and grief. As devastating as this is, we will get through this together. A memorial service will be held for Mislavsky, who was from Morristown, N.J., on campus soon. In the meantime, please keep Mislavsky, his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. The Voice is intended to best represent the collective opinion of The Editorial Board. It is written by The Setonian’s Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor.