Pass the milk, study hard before winter break

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="275"] asme.org[/caption] Tis’ the time of the year when college students pack up their bags and say goodbye to their roommates. There are a few tasks which need to be accomplished before heading en route to go home. Nothing is worse than opening the fridge to get milk to eat with cereal and finding that the milk is spoiled. So, make sure to clean the fridge out before leaving for break. Either you get a big bowl and have as much cereal as it takes to finish the unspoiled milk or give it to a friend who always asks for something to eat. Students who dorm on-campus rarely have a car to use so plan early on how to get home for the holidays. The earlier you book your train tickets, the more money you’ll save. Also, booking early tickets can ensure a seat on the train. The same applies for buying bus tickets as well. Seton Hall Public Safety can also assist students with any questions in terms of transportation when leaving campus. Even though winter break is longer than Thanksgiving break, it’s only a couple of weeks and the spring semester will quickly come around. The decision on which pair of shoes to take home or not may be the hardest decision – minus choosing from “A” or “B” or “C” options on a final exam. The best way to deal with the struggles of planning a trip back home is by making a list, which would help avoid bringing home fifty shades of gray pants. In addition, the list can help you remember to bring the essentials home whether it’s a favorite cologne or a favorite straightener. Stop by the bookstore to get any SHU gear as Christmas gifts and make sure to grab them all to avoid being the person responsible for a sad puppy dog face because of forgetting a pirate gift. Finally, make sure to study hard and do well on your finals. Remember that Santa knows if you’ve been naughty or nice, just as your parents know if you’ve been failing or not. Jasmine Igwegbe can be reached at jasmine.igwegbe@student.shu.edu.