SAB prepares haunted house for students

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="255"] shu.edu[/caption] Halloween is right around the corner and the Student Activities Board (S.A.B.) has planned events to celebrate. The organization is not only planning a Dorney Park trip, but will set up a haunted house on the green on Thursday, Oct. 29 at 7 p.m. Mariel Pagán, Assistant Dean of Students for Student Activities said, “We are bringing in a company called Simplified Entertainment. They are bringing in an inflatable haunted house that is going to have different lighting effects inside.”  Pagán added that students can get involved through working with S.A.B to be haunt volunteers who will be given costumes, props and instruction to haunt for the Haunted House. Joshua Corpuz, a freshman diplomacy major, said he would come to the Haunted House event because he still believes that we, as college students are still kids at heart. “Students are welcome to come in costume, it's definitely not something that’s required,” Pagán said in terms of amplifying the Halloween spirit. We had the Haunted House event last year for the first time. We brought the same company and it went over really well,” Pagán said. The event is free and convenient for students as it is on-campus. “It’s a great opportunity for students who are into Halloween to have some fun, but in a safe environment on campus,” she added. Whether as a volunteer or a participant, the S.A.B hopes to see a great turnout from the student body at the Haunted House. In case of rain, the event will be moved indoors to the main lounge of the University Center. Sarah Auerbach can be reached at sarah.auerbach@student.shu.edu