7 things we are thankful for

This Thanksgiving season, students at The Hall have many things to be thankful for, but among the most important are family and friends. Here are 7 things about which SHU students say they are giving thanks: 1.      Senior Lauren Maffei said she is thankful for the opportunities that her sorority has given her. “I’m thankful for my family, my friends, and for the opportunities that my sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and the Seton Hall community have given me,” Maffei said. 2.      Junior Maria Capalbo said that there are many things that she is thankful for this season. “This thanksgiving season I am thankful for being able to come this far in my life being successful, and in good health,” Capalbo said. “I am thankful for my family’s love and support along the way in making my dreams come true. I am also thankful for every opportunity I get to being one step closer to the next stage of my life which is moving out, and being able to handle myself on my own. I am extremely humble and thankful for every ounce of luck thrown my way and as well and will continue to be grateful for it not only this thanksgiving season, but well beyond it.” 3.      Senior Matthew Snee noted that he was thankful for one of the opportunities that Seton Hall has given him. Snee said he was thankful for “my family, my friends, and WSOU.” 4.      Junior Amanda McGovern said that she was thankful for having supportive people around her to help her when she needs it. “This Thanksgiving season, I’m thankful for super supportive friends and family!” McGovern said. 5.      Senior Mickel Andrews said that education is very important and had a different reason for being thankful for her family. “I’m thankful to make it to my last semester at Seton Hall and most of all, I am thankful for my family who helped me financially to get my education here,” Andrews said. 6.      Junior Anna Lies agreed that family and friends were very important to be thankful for. However, she said she is also thankful for another member of her family. “I am thankful for my family and friends, and my dog,” Lies said. 7.      Sophomore Michaela Gillmore said she is thankful for the opportunities that she has been given in her life, such as attending college, and being able to major in what she is passionate about, religious studies. “I am thankful for the little things in my life that get looked over on a daily basis,” Gillmore said. Rebecca White can be reached at rebecca.white@student.shu.edu.