Transfer students to take part in Pirate Preview for first time

Seton Hall's annual Pirate Preview for accepted students will take place on Sunday in the Field House, and this year there are approximately 1,450 students expected to show up.

Students will be able to walk a day in the life of a pirate and if they like it, they will be able to submit their deposit on that day and become part of Seton Hall's class of 2016.

According to the Associate Director of Admissions, Erika Klinger, this year is the first year that Pirate Preview is open to transfer students.

"Previously, the event was exclusively for accepted high school seniors," Klinger said. "But we changed the title of the event and opened it up to college students who would like to transfer to Seton Hall, as well."

The event starts with an early bird tour at 8 a.m. and the last tour begins at 2:15 p.m.

Students will be allowed to mingle with their future peers and faculty and ask questions about what it would be like to attend Seton Hall.

Various clubs and organizations will also be tabling, so students can see what Seton Hall has to offer them.

"We also encourage members of the community to welcome our visitors to campus," Klinger said. "Answer questions they may have and congratulate students on their acceptance to the University!"

There will be many different information sessions set up for parents, as well, such as financial aid assistance and how to register.

Information sessions will be held on everything that is offered to current students, from all of the clubs and activities to the resume building workshops and career center opportunities.

Students will have the opportunity to go to classes geared toward their major, so they can get a feel for how classes are taught at Seton Hall.

"It is our hope that, by the end of the day, they have decided on Seton Hall as the institution that they would like to attend," Klinger said.

The students who make their deposit on this day will even have the opportunity to get their ID card and apply for housing.

The prospective students will be swarming with every piece of information they need to know, from dorming to academics.

"For current students, if they think back to this time in their academic journey, it is an exciting time" Klinger said.

Lindsay Rittenhouse can be reached at lindsay.rittenhouse@student.shu.edu