Ipad giveaway contest

SET ON The Hall is a video competition open to students, faculty and alumni to submit videos no longer than one minute in length, showing why they love Seton Hall University.

The first place winner of the competition will receive an iPad, second place receives a $500 bookstore gift card and third place, a Flip Camera. Honorable mentions will be given prizes, including $50 gift certificates to Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks or Barnes & Noble.

Director of Admissions Communications and Special Events Courtney Sollie, came up with the idea for the contest.

"I thought it would a fun way to incorporate student, faculty or even alumni content into our Web pages to tell the real story of why people love Seton Hall," she said.

To enter the contest you do not have to be a broadcasting major or even own a camera.

Flip Cameras are available to check out from the TLT Center on the lower level of the Walsh Library, and, as the university Web site states, "Ask at the front desk to check out the camera, stating that you are participating in the SET ON The Hall contest."

In addition to the prizes offered, Sollie said, "For those students interested in broadcasting, communications, marketing or a related field it could also be a good opportunity for putting some of their classroom knowledge to work."

Sophomore Mike DeProspo said he realized with big prizes being offered, the contest could be worthwhile.

"People should enter because it would be so easy to show your love for the school and get something cool in return for it," DeProspo said.

When deciding winners, the committee judging the videos will be looking for creativity and originality, overall appeal and the likelihood of the video motivate people to visit the campus.

The breakdown of the criterion is listed on the university Web site and places emphasis on creativity and originality at 40 percent and the others at 30 percent

"Personally, I am looking for a creative perspective on why the University is unique or special... why someone would be SET ON The Hall" Sollie said.

She also added that committee members have yet to be determined, but she is hoping to include faculty, students and administrators in the judging process.

All video submissions should be uploaded to YouTube and then added to the registration form listed on the SET ON The Hall video Web site via theunique YouTube URL.

Registration and video submission must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on April 25. All winners of the competition will be announced on April 30.

Nicole Bitette can be reached at nicole.bitette@student.shu.edu.