Stillman School of Business to partner with Catholic University of Lyon in France

The Stillman School of Business will partner with the Catholic University of Lyon in France, creating plans to start an exchange program with students and staff in an effort to encourage international collaboration in business education.

Once the agreement is official, students in the Stillman School of Business will have the ability to participate in more educational activities with opportunities like international internships or joint-degree programs between the two universities. The Catholic University of Lyon is known for its School of Business and Management, known as École Supérieure pour le Développement Economique et Social (ESDES). 

Julia Boivin, a junior business administration and management and marketing double major, said she has a positive outlook on what this partnership can do for her and others in the Stillman community. 

“I think it’ll be interesting to study international business in a part of the world that we haven’t partnered with yet,” Boivin said. 

Jonathan Ware, a junior mathematical finance and economics double major, said that he finds the partnership between the University of Lyon and Seton Hall to be multifaceted in helping students become more worldly. 

“France is the second largest economy in the EU, and for students to be able to go there, it is a very valuable experience,” Ware said. “I think any partnership between Seton Hall and any other universities in other countries is valuable in that students can learn a different approach to business culturally.”

With the formation of a bond between the two universities comes the opportunity to work with students who are from different places, in this instance France. 

Patrick Murphy, a senior accounting major, said he finds the partnership beneficial as it will improve the communication between students at the two universities.

“I think the idea of working with people from across the pond is a cool concept,” Murphy said. Along with other students in his global business class, he said he was able to work alongside French students.

It is currently unclear when this program will begin. 

Meredith Mutter can be reached at meredith.mutter@student.shu.edu.