Introducing The Setonian 2020-2021 Editorial Board

Hey, Pirates. Isabel here.

This is the last Voice I will write as Editor-in-Chief of The Setonian. Since it’s my last one, I wanted to take the time to introduce The Setonian’s 2020-2021 Editorial Board. 

E-Board-2020-21-1024x768
The Setonian's 97th Editorial Board

I’m sure this isn’t coming as much of a surprise, but Nicholas Kerr will be taking over my role as Editor-in-Chief. Kerr will be a senior communications major and is best known for covering the Concerned 44 protests on campus last year and most recently, coronavirus and how that affects Seton Hall’s community. Kerr was also awarded first place in Feature Writing for his recounting of the Boland Fire in his piece, “After the Fire…” He was given this award by the New Jersey Press Foundation (NJPF). Liam Oakes, our former Campus Life Editor, has been promoted to Managing Editor. Oakes was also given an award by NJPF this year, in Layout & Design for his piece, “Fall Fashion: Dive into this season’s trends.” Having worked with them both closely over the past three semesters, I know they will lead the rest of the editorial board with grace and dedication.

The News team will be made up of Daniel O’Connor, who will serve as News Editor, Nora El Houssieni, who will serve as Assistant News Editor and Genevieve Krupchek, who will serve as News Copy Editor.

Kristel Domingo, Nicholas Hernandez and Brooke McCormick will make up the Campus Life team. Domingo will serve as Campus Life Editor, Hernandez will serve as Assistant Campus Life Editor and McCormick will serve as Campus Life Copy Editor. 

Justin Sousa, who has served as Assistant Sports Editor over the past year, has been promoted to Sports Editor. His Assistant Sports Editor will be Brendan Balsamo and Sports Copy Editor will be Matt Collins.

Jillian Cancela has also been given a promotion. After serving as Assistant Photography Editor, she will now serve as Photography Editor. Her Assistant Photography Editor will be Mackenzie Wetherill. 

The Digital team will be made up of Robert Fallo and Andrew Byrd. The Social team will be Catherine San and Alex Krukar. Laura Maltez will serve as both a Digital and Social Media editor. 

I am confident that this team will continue to challenge authority, report the truth and nothing but the truth and make Seton Hall proud. I wish you all the best of luck (even though you don’t need it). 

That’s it, Pirates. I’m signing off. Nick, it’s your turn.

The Voice is intended to best represent the collective opinion of The Editorial Board. It is written by The Setonian’s Editor-in-Chief.