Seton Hall lands 2019 G Dashawn Davis

Seton Hall landed its first commitment of the 2019 recruiting cycle on Monday night, as Our Saviour Lutheran (NY) combo guard Deshawn Davis committed to the Pirates. https://twitter.com/gregthompson27/status/1067218935840411648 "Really they want me to be another ball-handler, like the way they used Khadeen Carrington and Isaiah [Whitehead]," Davis told reporters following his commitment. A three-star recruit according to the industry generated 247 Sports composite ranking, Davis is currently rated the No. 380 player in the country, the No. 72 shooting guard and the No. 9 player in New York. At the time of his commitment, Davis held 13 offers from Arkansas Little-Rock, Fordham, Hofstra, La Salle, Manhattan, Monmouth, Old Dominion, Saint Louis, Saint Peter's, St. John's, Toledo and VCU. He ultimately chose Seton Hall over his other two finalists, St. John's and Old Dominion. Last season, Davis was teammates with current Seton Hall freshman forward Jared Rhoden at Our Saviour Lutheran and is close friends with Our Savior Lutheran point guard and high-priority 2020 Seton Hall target Posh Alexander. Billed as a standout defender, Davis will almost certainly factor into Seton Hall's guard rotation upon arrival next year. After striking out on a handful of targets early in the cycle, Davis marks the first recruiting victory of the year for Seton Hall and its new staff consisting of Tony Skinn and Duane Woodward. Success on the recruiting trail may not stop with, Davis, though, as sources have informed The Setonian that Seton Hall is in a good position to land 2019 four-star Orangeville Prep (Canada) forward Tyrese Samuel, who is announcing his decision tonight.