Pirates drop season finale to Georgetown in extra innings

The Seton Hall softball team ended its season with a loss against the Georgetown Hoyas on Sunday afternoon. The Hoyas defeated the Pirates by a final score of 3-2, on the back of a Sera Stevens walk-off single in the 11th inning. The Pirates end the season with a 19-35 record and 5-16 record in conference play. The game proved to be a low scoring affair with both teams having trouble scoring runs throughout. The first three innings were scoreless, but the Hoyas were able to break through with two runs in the bottom of the fourth inning, scoring their runs on a passed ball and an RBI single. It remained 2-0 Georgetown until the sixth inning, when Seton Hall right fielder Darby Pandolfo launched a two-run home run to tie the game. It was Pandolfo’s fourth home run in her last ten games. On the back of stellar defense by both teams, the game went into extra innings. Camp and the Seton Hall outfield would do a solid job not allowing Georgetown to get into a rhythm, as they allowed only three hits in the eighth and ninth innings. [caption id="attachment_23279" align="alignnone" width="838"] Sean Barry/Staff Photographer[/caption] Along with Camp, Hoyas pitcher Anna Pacha would have an impressive game, limiting Seton Hall to one hit in the final frames, and only five hits for the entire game. Unfortunately, the Pirates conceded two hits in the bottom of the 11th, followed by a walk-off single that ended the game in favor for the Hoyas. Seton Hall put up a commendable effort to close out the year, but did not get the hits to take control in the end. The Pirates will now head into the offseason, as they part ways with seniors Alannah Basile, Sara Foster, Alyssa Prukop and Alexis Walken. Walkden will end her career near or at the top of every major offensive category in Seton Hall history, including being first all-time in runs scored and walks drawn. Ryan Beltran can be reached at ryan.beltran@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @RyanB591011.