Treasurer Jovita Carranza? Okay, now we’re talking

Seniors!

We did it!

We complained so much that we actually got SHU to listen. We will officially have a commencement speaker in May: U.S. Treasurer Jovita Carranza.

Alright, so we actually can’t take all the credit for this. Complaining only gets you so far – someone needs to be on the other end to listen and actually implement change.

So we’re going to do something in this week’s ‘The Voice’ that we don’t typically do that often. We’re going to take a moment and thank Seton Hall’s administration for listening to us.

Dear administration, we know we haven’t been easy on you. In fact, we can be a little harsh, especially when it comes to graduation. And considering the fiasco that was last year’s commencement ceremony, your initial silence on whether we were going to have a commencement speaker was only slightly troubling.

But with the announcement that Carranza, an important figure in our government, would be speaking at our graduation, we just want you to know that you did well.

We’re sure many seniors took a sigh of relief when the announcement was made, as we’re sure you all took a sigh of relief once you realized you wouldn’t have an entire class of angry graduates giving you more difficulties than you  already face.

Commencement is a huge responsibility and we know that it’s an extremely stressful event to plan with over a thousand seniors breathing down your necks, but you all managed to pull off what looks to be a good itinerary for May 21.

As the event quickly approaches, we know there’s much more you have to do, but know that, for now, you seem to have done the seniors right.

The Voice is intended to best represent the collective opinion of The Editorial Board. It is written by The Setonian’s Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor.