Pirate Blue to visit Isaiah Whitehead, Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center

Seton Hall Athletics’ Pirate Blue Athletic Fund is hosting an event to watch former Pirate Isaiah Whitehead and the Brooklyn Nets take on the Orlando Magic on April 1 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. Pirate Blue is selling tickets for Pirate Blue night, with the first 100 tickets sold including a chance to meet Whitehead following the game. According to the website to order tickets, it is sold out. [caption id="attachment_18496" align="aligncenter" width="756"] Due to injuries and consistency, Whitehead is playing more than 22 minutes per game for the Nets. Photo via NBA.com.[/caption] “Isaiah is a favorite among Pirates fans, and he has been a wonderful ambassador for our University both while he was attending Seton Hall and now with the Brooklyn Nets,” Seton Hall Athletics said in a statement. “We are proud of how well Isaiah is doing in his first year in the NBA, and Pirate Blue and our fans are excited to go to Barclays Center and support him.” Whitehead declared for the 2016 NBA Draft after he completed his sophomore season at Seton Hall, which included a Big East Championship and NCAA Tournament berth. He was then selected as 42nd overall selection in the draft with a pick the Brooklyn Nets bought from the Utah Jazz. With his rookie NBA season almost complete, entering March 29, Whitehead has averaged 7.7 points, 2.6 assists and 2.5 rebounds per game. He also has 26 starts this season for the Nets with starting point guard Jeremy Lin missing time due to injury. Whitehead is Seton Hall’s first player to go to the NBA since Andre Barrett did in 2005. Elizabeth Swinton can be reached at elizabeth.swinton@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @eswint22.