Volleyball snaps losing streak, defeats Butler in four sets

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="406"] Seton Hall Athletics[/caption] The Seton Hall women’s volleyball team snapped a three-match losing streak after beating the Butler Bulldogs in four sets on Sunday. Leading the way for the Pirates was Danielle Schroeder with 20 kills. Right behind her was Cherise Hennigan with 16 kills. With Sunday’s big performances, Schroeder and Hennigan are first and third, respectively, on the team in total kills this season. Both are in the top-20 in kills per set in the conference. Freshman Sophia Coffey led both teams in assists in the match with 57, and she also had 20 digs. The 57 assists set a new career-high for the first-year Pirate. Coffey is currently eighth in the Big East in assist average per set. Senior Amanda Hansen had 10 kills in the victory and has the second most on the team with 274. Junior Tessa Fournier led both teams with 27 digs in the match. Butler senior Mary Striedl had 22 kills to lead her team. Freshman Anna Logan had 17 kills in the match. Logan and Striedl are first and second, respectively, in kills this season. The assist leader for the Bulldogs was sophomore Makayla Ferguson, who finished with 43 in the match. The Pirates dropped the first set, 21-25, but were able to win the next three (27-25, 25-20, 25-18). Seton Hall is currently seventh in the Big East with a 12-15 overall record and 6-9 in conference play. The Blue and White’s next match is on the road against the Villanova Wildcats on Saturday, Nov. 14 at 7 p.m. Javon Glenn can reached at javon.glenn@student.shu.edu