Women’s Golf in 11th place after first round at William & Mary Invitational

[caption id="attachment_10853" align="alignnone" width="616"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption] Opening the season, the Seton Hall women’s golf team is currently in 11th place after shooting a 26-over-par in the first round at the William & Mary Invitational. Leading the blue and white is senior Megan Tenhundfeld, who shot a 76 for 4-over-par and is tied for 19th place. Sophomores Macky Fouse and Cassie Pantelas are tied for second on the team and 37th in the overall field. Both ended the first round having shot 7-over-par for a total of 79. Graduate student McKenzie Cutter finished the day tied for 41st place and 4th for the Pirates. Cutter finished round one having shot 8-over- par, notching a score of 80 on the day. Finishing fifth for the blue and white was senior Karlie Zabrosky. The senior finished the first round tied for 54th.  She shot 10-over-par for a tally of 82. As a team the hall shot a collective 314 and is just 11 strokes back of cracking the top five. The leader after round one is UNC-Wilmington, who shot 5-over-par for a total of 293. The Pirates will be in action tomorrow, Sept. 14, to begin the second round of the William & Mary Invitational. Javon Glenn can be reached at javon.glenn@student.shu.edu or on twitter @javong25.