Penn deals women's soccer another defeat

[caption id="attachment_10669" align="aligncenter" width="489"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption] Seton Hall (0-3-1) fell to Penn (1-0-0) Sunday, losing 3-1.   The loss gives the Hall its third in the team’s first four games. The Pirates scored in the 34th minute thanks to Amanda Gulli’s second goal of the year. The netting was made possible by an assist from Eva Gonzalez and pulled SHU within one.       Goalkeeper Gina Maiorana played well to keep the Hall within striking distance.  She made eight saves in the match – all crucial in giving the Hall any chance of having the opportunity to tie. Lauren Petite opened the scoring in the 4th minute for the Quakers to get off to a quick start. She was then followed by a goal from Sasha Stephens in the 16th minute to put Penn up 2-0.  Stephens would later score another early in the second half in the 56th minute to put the game out of reach. The Pirates were only able to take four shots in the entire game and only one was on target which ended up being the lone goal for the Pirates. The only caution in the match was a yellow card in the 37th minute by Frankie Maier. The Hall will look to get on track at home when Duquesne comes to town on Friday Sept. 4.  The team will then travel to Monmouth in West Branch, N.J. the following Monday.