Dunkin' Donuts gives new energy, great alternative

As the school year begins, excitement over the new addition to campus is certainly unavoidable. Dunkin' Donuts has arrived and has already been a hit for students as well as faculty. The line has almost constantly been out the door and wrapped around the library at any given hour. The new question that everyone is asking on campus seems to be "Have you grabbed a snack from the new Dunkin'?"

As tests, long homework assignments and mid­terms are on deck, Dunkin' Donuts will become even more instrumental to keep students awake while working late.

Although there are is a Dunkin' Donuts within walking distance of SHU on South Orange Av­enue, having one on campus makes it a lot easier for students who are just having a late night study session at the library with our Dunkin' Donuts open 24 hours a day from 2 a.m. Monday to 1 a.m. Saturday, plus convenient weekend hours.

The Setonian applauds the University for approv­ing this addition to Walsh Library, and for allowing us to use our Pirate Bucks at the Dunkin' Donuts. While our meal plan funds may dwindle even faster than usual, it will certainly be worth it.

Most importantly, the advantage of this establish­ment is that this will make travel safer for students that stay up late and need a bite to eat. As the semes­ter begins to get into full swing, it is of the upmost importance that students be smart and attentive when walking on and off campus.

This new 24-hour option reduces the need for stu­dents to walk further out of their way for food after staying out late with friends, which will hopefully help reduce the number of students involved in rob­beries and other incidents that occur off-campus.