Arts Council's fall season brings new and exciting events

It's "lights, camera, ac­tion" for this year's Arts Council season, which plans to better reach the student body through interactive events and workshops.

Each season pres­ents a "treasure trove of riches," according to Dena Levine, Arts Council Chair,

"This season in par­ticular, we are mak­ing an attempt to reach our student audience," Levine said. "Look out for our Facebook page, our presence at Seton Hall Weekend, and our programs for students and (programs) featur­ing students."

According to Levine, while no season is tru­ly better than another, each season features over 50 events that aim to keep them on the cut­ting edge of arts pro­gramming.

"There is always some­thing new," Levine said. "Each season is com­pletely different from the year before."

The Arts Council sea­son's event calendar is a "gem for the Uni­versity," according to Levine.

This year's program­ming features both new and exciting events for students, Levine said.

"These programs in­clude our first Broad­way Experience at SOPAC presenting the work of our musical theatre students under the mentorship of guest artists from the field," Levine said. "Sarah Shafer, a rising star so­prano will perform on the SOPAC series, but also will come to cam­pus to speak with our students and give a master class to our stu­dent vocalists."

Also, for the first time ever, the SHU orchestra and choir will be having all concerts at SOPAC, which according to Levine used to only oc­cur for holidays.

"Through the arts we re-imagine who we are and connect with some­thing greater than our­selves," Levine said. "Arts Council events are often transformative experiences for those who attend and partici­pate."

Students can learn more about Arts Coun­cil and this year's cal­endar on October 13 at Seton Hall Weekend as well as online at www.shu.edu/academics/artsci/arts-council.

Ashley Duvall can be reached at ashley.du­vall@student.shu.edu.