SGA approves money request

The Jewish Student Union and Lambda Psi Delta have both received the requested monies from the Student Government Association for their respective programs.

The JSU was initially granted $2,000 to help fund a concert they are planning to have on campus.

The JSU appealed the finance committee's decision, asking for an additional $400 to cover expenses.

The senators overruled the finance committee with a unanimous vote, awarding them the additional $400.

The concert will be Nov. 6 in the main lounge. The JSU hopes to get Mike Posner, The Kid Daytona and Scott Free to perform.

Sebastian Zar represented JSU at Monday night's meeting.

When asked if the concert would have been canceled if they did not get additional funds, he said, "I've used up basically all of my resources, so there is a good chance that it would have been called off."

Additionally, November is Drunk Driving Awareness Month.
Lambda Psi Delta came to SGA looking for co-sponsorship to fund a "mock-tini" night.

This event would help to raise awareness about the issue. The co-sponsorship was approved with a unanimous vote.

Lambda Psi Delta wanted to hold an event that brought a party atmosphere to Seton Hall.

The event would provide the community with information on drunk driving.

Treasurer Kennedy urged the co-sponsorship that this event was a good idea.

"Students always complain that there is nothing to do on this campus… I think this is a step in the right direction," Kennedy said.

The event will be held on Nov. 5 in the Main Lounge. Proceeds will help fund Multiple Sclerosis research.

The SGA is also working to get an undergraduate student on the 2010 presidential search committee.

As of now, Albert Cooley Jr., an alumnus of Seton Hall and third year student at the School of Law, is the closest representation students have.

"We feel it is very important to have an undergraduate student on the committee" President Jones said. "We will continue to work closely with them in achieving that goal."

Additionally, there will be another Executive Cabinet meeting for all clubs and organizations on Campus.

The meeting will be Nov. 3 at 9 p.m. in McCnulty Hall Room 101.
Secretary Caitlin Giordano urged all the senators to contact the clubs and organizations that they work with.

She said it is important for senators to tell them a representative from each club needs to be present at the meeting.

"They need to attend; there's been a lot of clubs that are just not showing up," Giordano said. "If we have to we will start freezing budgets."

Secretary Giordano also told the senators to remind their constituents that there will be a Student Organization Advisory Club meeting next Friday.

Anyone who has been working to get a club or organization started on campus must attend.

A letter of intent from an advisor is also necessary.

The letter must state that if the club is approved they intend to serve as the clubs advisor.

Giordano said the reason for this commitment is to insure that clubs are well prepared.

"So we know that if we approve the club, they are not scrambling to get an advisor," Giordano said.

The SOAC meeting will begin at 10 a.m. and the location will be sent out in an e-mail.

Additionally, the SGA executive board will be participating in Service on Saturday on Nov. 7.

If students are interested in participating they can sign up online. SOS dates are Nov. 7 and Nov. 21.

Frank Taylor can be reached at frank.taylor@student.shu.edu.