Brown, Jones-Pack latest additions to WBB roster

The Seton Hall women’s basketball team has just bolstered its frontcourt today with the additions of transfer forward Taylor Brown and incoming freshman forward/center Jayla Jones-Pack.With the departure of five seniors, this duo raises the count of newcomers to eight. While Brown will sit out the 2016-2017 season due to NCAA Transfer rules, Jones-Pack can contribute right away.

Brown is a 6-foot tall sophomore forward from Paterson, N.J., where she led her Eastside High School squad to a 24-4 record during her senior year, averaging 17 points and 11 rebounds per game in the process. After collecting accolades of New Jersey Player of the Year in her junior year and earning Big North Player of the Year her senior year, Brown averaged 4.8 points per game and 3.6 rebounds per game during her collegiate freshman year for the 27-7 Western Kentucky.

Jones-Pack is a 6-foot-4 big who starred for a St. Anthony’s team that she led to a state title during her senior year. She was named the CHSAA Player of the year for her senior year, in which she averaged 12.3 points, 11.3 rebounds, and 3.4 blocks per game. ESPN rates her as a three-star recruit with a grade of 90.

Kyle Kasharian can be reached by email at or on Twitter @ItsKyleKash.

Author: Kyle Kasharian

Kyle Kasharian attends Seton Hall University where he studies business with a concentration in Finance. In addition to serving as the Assistant Sports Editor of the Setonian, Kasharian is a Peer Adviser with Freshman Studies and the Co-Secretary of ALPFA, a campus business club. He aspires to cover his favorite basketball team, the Sacramento Kings, someday. Until then, you can keep up with him on his Twitter @itskylekash.