Photo via Seton Hall Athletics

Men’s Basketball Coach’s Sha-ppy Hour Takes UC Starbucks by Storm

Seton Hall Athletics brought loads of energy to the University Center on Oct. 5 for a Happy Hour hosted by men’s basketball head coach Shaheen Holloway. Many were able to spin the prize wheel, featuring prizes such as a free student season ticket for the 2023-24 campaign or a Starbucks gift card.

The special drink for the Happy Hour was the Strawberry Acai Refresher, which many consider to be a staple of the Seattle coffee chain’s menu and helped energize students on a surprisingly hot October afternoon. Those who ordered a grande or larger refresher were entered into a pool where they could win a grand prize.

“It’s so nice to have a coach that wants to bond with and cares for the student body, especially with how many people showed out,” said Arien Yeddenapally, a senior international relations and diplomacy major. “I’m excited to see what the team accomplishes during my last year here.”

Students and faculty alike packed the University Center, lining up to try their hand at winning a prize and learning about this year’s team.

The men’s basketball team still has about a month until the season finally kicks off, but that doesn’t stop students’ anticipation.

Junior visual and sound media major Sarah Gregory voiced, “I wish the season started sooner. I really hope I win one of the grand prizes, but all I can think of right now is Pirates’ basketball.”

Seton Hall will open the 2023-24 season at the Prudential Center on Nov. 6, as they will host Coach Holloway’s former team in the Saint Peter’s Peacocks. Holloway led the Peacocks to an Elite 8 appearance in 2022, becoming the first 15-seed to ever do so.

Thomas Donnelly can be reached at thomas.donnelly@student.shu.edu. Find him on Twitter/X @_tommyd023.