Photo via Alexander Internicola | The Setonian

WBB star Lauren Park-Lane entering transfer portal

In a shocking turn of events, Seton Hall women’s basketball star and Nancy Lieberman Award finalist Lauren Park-Lane has entered her name into the transfer portal, she announced in an Instagram post Friday afternoon.

Many believed the 5’3” senior guard out of Wilmington, Delaware would enter her name into the NBA Draft, though a list of names released last week were without the 2022-2023 All-Big East first teamer. It could have been assumed she would return to the Pirates for her fifth season, though the phenom has decided its time to explore her options.

Park-Lane improved drastically through her four year career at The Hall, averaging just under 7 points a game as a freshman to 21 points a game this past season. She has shattered records, such as most points in a single game with 39 points against DePaul or the single season assist record. Her career in the blue and white was nothing short of incredible.

She’s made multiple appearances on the All-Big East teams, All-Met teams, been the Big East assist champion, and has racked up many other accolades. Park-Lane is sure to turn heads in the portal as one of the greatest guards college basketball has ever seen.

The Pirates roster is beginning to look unrecognizable following the transfers of Mya Bembry and Victoria Keenan last week, as well as Sidney Cooks decision to enter the WNBA Draft. Head coach Anthony Bozella will have plenty of tools to work with as he navigates the transfer portal and remaining high schoolers looking to continue their athletic careers.

Thomas Donnelly can be reached at thomas.donnelly@student.shu.edu. Find him on Twitter @_tommyd023.