Men's basketball lands back-to-back transfers in Kadary Richmond, Alexis Yetna

The Seton Hall men’s basketball acquired former Syracuse guard Kadary Richmond and former University of South Florida forward Alexis Yetna through the NCAA transfer portal this week.

Kadary-Richmond-1-1024x576
Photo via Syracuse Athletics

Per Adam Zagoria, Richmond committed to Seton Hall on Tuesday as the program’s second newest arrival after Jamir Harris’ transfer from American University was officially announced by the Pirates on Monday. The 6-foot-9 rising sophomore averaged 6.3 points, 2.6 rebounds and 3.1 assist last season from three starts in 28 games.

Yetna, a 6-foot-8 forward, averaged 9.5 points, 7.3 rebounds and 0.8 assists last season from 15 starts in 16 games. Jeff Goodman of Stadium reported that Yetna committed to Seton Hall on Wednesday, just a day after Richmond’s commitment and two days after Seton Hall Athletics released an official statement on Harris’ transfer to the Pirates.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1379825141044146180?s=20

The 23-year-old arrives at Seton Hall with two years of college basketball experience under his belt, including a freshman year that saw him earn American Athletic Conference Freshman of the Year honors and a unanimous selection to the American Athletic Conference All-Freshman Team in the 2017-18 season. He still has two years of eligibility despite sitting out for the entirety of the 2019-20 season due to an ACL tear.

Alexis-Yetna-1
Photo via University of South Florida Athletics

This offseason has been a revolving door of players moving in and out of South Orange with Shavar Reynolds, Takal Molson and Dimingus Stevens all entering the NCAA transfer portal. Reynold started every game for the Pirates at point guard last season, averaging 7.7 points, 2.6 rebounds and 4.18 assists per game. Molson played a key role off the bench for the Pirates and was heralded by coach Kevin Willard for his energetic impact off the bench. He averaged 5.3 points, 2.9 rebounds and 0.9 assists and started just one of his 27 games played.

Myles Cale announced he would return next season through the extra year of eligibility awarded to college student-athletes after the cancellation of last season. Cale’s return will not count against the Pirates in terms of scholarship spots, to which they have one remaining ahead of the 2021-22 season. Cale averaged 7.9 points, 3.2 rebounds and 0.9 assists per game last season.

Justin Sousa can be reached at justin.sousa@student.shu.edu. Follow him on twitter @JustinSousa99.