Seton Hall given December slate of conference games

Just days after ESPN’s cancelation of several college basketball bubble tournaments at Walt Disney World, the Big East Conference dropped a full slate of conference games set to begin on Dec. 11, likely assuring Seton Hall of at least five games this season. 

The conference only released a slate of 23 games throughout the course of the month and is set to start conference play with three headline games -- including UConn’s first game back in the Big East since 2013 and Seton Hall’s first game where they hosted DePaul.

pru_center_sold_out_xavier_2018-1024x576

Following the Dec. 11 matchup against DePaul, the Pirates have four more conference matchups. Seton Hall will travel to Xavier on Dec. 15, go to Marquette on Dec. 17, host Providence on Dec. 20 and host Georgetown three days later.

The Pirates went 8-2 against these teams last year. One loss came in the away game against Providence while the other was a home loss to Xavier.

After spending the last couple of months unsure if college basketball would even occur, receiving a conference schedule, albeit just five games, will come as a reassuring sign to close watchers of college basketball.

Seton Hall December Conference Schedule

Dec. 11 – vs. DePaul

Dec. 15 – at Xavier

Dec. 17 – at Marquette

Dec. 20 – vs. Providence

Dec. 23 – vs. Georgetown

Brendan Balsamo can be reached at brendan.balsamo@student.shu.edu. Follow him on Twitter @BrenBal.