Six teams earn NCAA awards

[caption id="attachment_14082" align="alignnone" width="660"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption]  

For the second consecutive year, six Seton Hall University Athletic programs have won an NCAA Public Recognition Award, the NCAA announced Wednesday. The baseball, men’s basketball, women’s cross country, women’s golf, softball and women’s tennis teams each won the award, which is given to programs that post a multiyear Academic Progress Rate (APR) in the top ten percent of their respective sports. “The recognition our six programs have received from the NCAA is the latest in a wonderful line of proud academic achieve- ments we have grown to expect from our student-athletes,” Seton Hall Athletic Director Pat Lyons said in a press release. This year’s achievement marks the fourth year in a row the women’s golf, softball and women’s tennis have been recognized, the third straight for the baseball team and second for men’s basketball and women’s cross country. The men’s basketball team was one of only three basketball programs in the Metropolitan New York area to be recognized, according to a University statement.   David Heim can be reached at david.heim@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @DavidHeim12.