Familiar face added to baseball staff

[caption id="attachment_12340" align="alignnone" width="660"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption]   Seton Hall baseball coach Rob Sheppard announced last week that former Pirate Jon Prosinski has joined the staff as the new Director of Baseball Operations. Prosinski is one of the most decorated pitchers in Seton Hall history. He was the team’s iron man, setting a school record by making a total of 57 starts in his four years from 2010-2013. No Pirate has pitched more innings or struck out more batters, and only Tim Byron has more wins. “Jon brings a wealth of baseball knowledge as a recent professional on the heels of a historic career here at Seton Hall,” Sheppard said in a press release. “We’re happy to bring back a familiar face that will undoubtedly contribute as our Director of Baseball Operations.” Prosinski’s career began to blossom as a sophomore at SHU. He made 15 appearances in his second season, 14 of them starts, and posted a 7-4 record with a 1.91 ERA. He allowed just 20 earned runs in 94.1 innings pitched, striking out 56 batters in the process.
He was the leader of the best pitching staff in the Big East that year, one that helped Seton Hall win its first conference champi- onship since 2001. He followed up his stellar sophomore campaign as a First Team All-Big East selection. Prosinski was tied for the conference lead in wins with nine and he finished with 73 strikeouts to just 19 walks along with a 3.52 ERA. His senior year he was named Preseason Pitcher of the Year and went on to post a 7-4 record and 2.58 ERA, striking out 82 batters to just 13 walks in over 100 innings pitched. Prosinski was drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 2013 MLB Draft. He made it to high Single-A ball, last playing for the Clearwater Threshers of the Florida State League in 2014.   Bobby Bevilacqua can be reached at robert.bevilacqua@student.shu. edu or on Twitter @rpb725.