Women's golf ends Fall season with a seventh place finish at Delaware Lady Blue Hen Invitational

[caption id="attachment_11587" align="alignnone" width="660"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption]   In the final meet of the fall season, Seton Hall’s women’s golf team partook in the Delaware Lady Blue Hen Invitational in Rehoboth Beach, Del., and finished seventh out of 13 teams. Saturday, October 24, 2015 To open up the first two rounds of the meet, Seton Hall was able to assert itself to a sixth-place standing. The Pirates’ showing on Saturday was an impressive one, with three golfers ranking in the top-20 after the first day. Sophomore Cassie Pantelas led the Pirates on the first day with a 10-over-par, 78-76-145, trailing the individual leader, Harvard’s Anne Cheng, by 10 strokes with 18 holes remaining. Pantelas put herself in good standing for the second day of the tournament with a 14th-place ranking among 72 individual golfers. Senior Karlie Zabrosky was not far behind Pantelas, just one stroke behind her teammate with an 11-over-par, 79-76-155, performance, and was tied for 16th place overall. Megan Tenhundfeld, a usual expected performer was one stroke behind Zabrosky, scoring 12-over par, 74-82-156, and was tied for 19th place. These performances led the Pirates to grasp a sixth-place ranking with a 47-over-par, 308-315-623, collective score after two rounds. Seton hall trailed the team leader, Harvard, by 16 strokes. The only other Big East competitor in the tournament, Georgetown, was just two strokes ahead of the Hall at 45-over-par with 18 holes left to play going into the final round. Sunday, October 25, 2015 Tied for 19th Place after Saturday’s performance, Tenhundfeld came into Sunday seeking to capitalize on her stellar showing. On Sunday, Tenhundfeld scored a 14-over par, 74-82-74-230, finishing 11 strokes behind the individual champion, Harvard’s Lito Guo. This performance earned her a 12th-place finish among 72 individual golfers, being her best performance since a tie for second place finish at the Bucknell Invitational in the past month. After leading the Pirates on Saturday individually, Pantelas followed up Saturday’s showing with a similar performance Sunday, scoring 78-76-78-232, enough for a 16th-place tie. Zabrosky, after being tied for 16th place Saturday, was unable to continue on Sunday after an injury put her out of action. The Pirates collectively shot a 32-over par, 320, in the third and final round of the tournament. They completed the three-round event at 79-over-par with a 308-315-320-943. Harvard was the eventual winner of the team title at 8-over-par. Georgetown finished 19 strokes ahead of the Pirates and earned fifth place. The Delaware Lady Blue Hen Invitational marks the last showing of the Hall’s women’s golf team until its return in 2016 for the spring season. Josh Rhim can be contacted at Joshua.Rhim@student.shu.edu and @JRJoshRhimSHU on Twitter.