DePaul disappoints women's soccer in Chicago

Seton Hall’s women’s soccer team lost to DePaul on the road on Sunday, falling 1-0 in the low scoring affair. [caption id="attachment_11264" align="alignleft" width="209"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption] The defeat brought the Pirates’ conference record to 1-2-0; while their overall record is 2-8-2. The Hall struggled to free themselves up to create opportunities to score, as the only two shots produced in the entirety of the game were taken by senior Amanda Gulli. Foul trouble played a role in the contest for SHU. Sophomore midfielder Jackie Saint John received two yellow cards and a red card that prematurely ended her day. The lone goal of the game came in the 78th minute for DePaul when Madeline Frick found the net for her third goal of the season. It was one of 14 shots taken by the Blue Demons, nine of which were on goal. Junior goalkeeper Illissa Blackshear made eight saves for the Pirates, but it was all for naught. The women will continue Big East play on Oct., 8 at home when Creighton visits Owen T. Carroll Field. The game will start at 7 p.m. The South Orange site has played host to the only two wins this season for the Hall. Creighton is 0-2 so far in conference play and will face Villanova prior to playing the Pirates.