New Jubilee vending machine offers lunch on the go

[caption id="attachment_11105" align="alignnone" width="300"]Anna Griffin/Assistant Photography Editor Anna Griffin/Assistant Photography Editor[/caption] Jubes machine by Anna Griffin With demanding schedules dominating the lives of many students, it can be difficult to fit a filling meal in between quizzes, tests, and papers. \New vending machines, provided by Canteen Vending Machines and Services, on Jubilee Hall’s second floor may offer one solution. “The machine currently offers yogurt, bagels, muffins, salads, and sandwiches. The products are labeled with sell-by dates,” said Michael Garcia, Seton Hall’s director of Business Affairs. “Based on sales, other items may be offered.” The products range in price from $1.50-$3.50 and will be available for purchase during Jubilee Hall’s hours of operation of 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. As students acknowledge, the project has a set of benefits as well as drawbacks. “I think those are pretty good prices for the product. I, personally, am not in Jubilee often. I wish they would put one in other places on campus,” said sophomore Yvonne Pruitt. The range of options seem to be a point of divide as well. “I don’t know how I feel about getting a sandwich from a vending machine but I would definitely use it for yogurt and other (products),” said freshman Brittany Setaro. Other students view this project as a welcome departure from the usual snacks available in vending machines. “I am in full support of the idea. I think it will be very beneficial for students who need food between classes and it will be a healthier option,” said junior Chelsea Wilson. The installation of the vending machine is a part of a greater initiative, which includes the recent arrival of the Chiara’s Creations food truck to campus. “We are attempting to provide a variety of food offerings to the community,” said Garcia. Julie Trien can be reached at julie.trien@student.shu.edu