Men's and women's cross country place in top-five

[caption id="attachment_10991" align="aligncenter" width="590"]Seton Hall Athletics Seton Hall Athletics[/caption] The Seton Hall men's and women's cross country teams competed in the 5K Cappy Anderson Invitational on Saturday in Princess Anne, Md., with the men's team placing third and the women's team placing fourth. Both teams competed Saturday after competing last week at the Delaware Invitational. Each team saw their runners finish strong in the overall field. The men's team saw five of its runners place in the top-25 overall for the second week in a row, with sophomore Bryant Cordova leading the way for the Pirates. Cordova placed 15th overall with a total time of 25:48:46. Junior Sean Kip had the second-highest finish with a time of 26:09:37, finishing 19th out of 64 male racers. Right behind Kip was sophomore Sean Larson, who ran the race in 26:20:62. Rounding out the top-25 were Jake Simon with a time of 26:29:76 and Jake Ricci, finishing in 26:30:07. Other high finishers for the Hall were Jared Moser, Ricky Stephens, and Alex Mallue, finishing 27th, 28th and 30th, respectively. On the women's side, the Pirates looked to their runners to score consistently on Saturday to lead them to a fourth-place finish. Senior Amanda Quaglia had the best time of the Seton Hall women, finishing 20th in 19:36:30. Freshman Kiley Britten placed 25th out of 81 female competitors with a time of 19:52:53, which was the next highest of the Pirate women. This was her third race where she finished at least second on the team. The Pirates' other high finishers included Emily Johnson in 35th with a time of 20:44:75, Desyre Blackburn in 37th at 21:36:99 and Bailey Seach in 41st with a time of 21:59:73. Each team will be taking their talents to Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx to compete in Metropolitan Championships on Oct. 9. Start time is listed at 2 p.m.