7 things we are thankful for

Thanksgiving is only a week away and it seems that the time has come to press the pause button in order to appreciate everything we have in life. Gradually as we grow up we begin to value things that we took for granted when we were kids. Here are 7 things to be thankful for: 1.      Our parents, not only for our existence but for their continued love and support. Without our parents, guardians, or the people who had a hand in raising us, we would not be who we are or have the opportunity to attend a beautiful college. 2.      Laughter, for making us smile when we sometimes forget to and serenading our lives with joy. Sometimes it’s good to just stop and be thankful for the people who make us laugh and smile on a daily basis. 3.      Youth, because we’ll never be this young again. Now is the time for us to make mistakes and learn from them, stay up way too late, and sometimes eat a little junk food. 4.      Music, for being the escape we need during stressful times and evoking the perfect emotions. Sometimes all you need is a cup of hot cocoa and soft music in the background in order to relax. 5.      Friends, for always being present in our lives when we need them and being scarce when we need to be alone. Our friends are our ultimate companions--there for the laughter, tears and everything in between. 6.      Positivity around campus. We should be very thankful for the positive people in the world who remind us to soak in the beauty of life and who brighten our days with smiles and laughs. 7.      The memories that our parents and friends created with laughter, music and positivity. The holidays have a way of bringing up nostalgia, so now is the time to soak in those memories and remember the good times, along with the bad times, that led to this moment. Rebecca White can be reached at rebecca.white@student.shu.edu.