Women’s golf shoots record-low en route to winning the Bucknell Invitational

@SHU_WGolf

The women’s golf team captured first place at Bucknell Women’s Invitational in Lewisburg, PA on Sunday.

The Hall shot a combined 293 in the final round to win the tournament. The 293 was a record-low for the Pirates who captured the win by only six shots against rival-Rutgers.

Senior Erin McClure led the Pirates at Bucknell, finishing 12-over-par and second among individual golfers on the weekend. McClure finished with a final score of 77-72-73,222.

Karlie Zabrosky opened her junior year campaign strong shooting 1-over-par in Sunday’s final round finishing the tournament, 15-over-par, 76-78-71-225, and finishing fourth among individuals at the tournament.

Also helping lead the tournament-winning charge for the Pirates were redshirt senior McKenzie Cutter, who finished 78-75-76-229, and senior Ali Kruse, 81-76-73-230.

Freshmen Cassie Pantelas finished her college debut with a final overall score of 74-85-78-237, helping the Hall capture its fifth tournament victory in the program’s history.

Competing individually this weekend were junior Megan Tenhundfeld, who finished with an overall score of 78-80-79-237, for a 20th overall tie and freshmen Macky Fouse, who finished 82-82-77-241.

On Saturday the team started on the front nine early as Erin McClure finished her first round scoring 7-over-par. Cassie Panielus had an impressive first round outing with a 4-over-par performance. Karlie Zabrosky shot 76, while McKenzie Cutter finished with 78, and Alison Kruse finished the day with an 81.

McClure, who rallied the team as they fought back in the second round, tying Alessandra Lie from William & Mary (Va.), with a 2-over-par low round score. McClure trailed Rutgers Emily Mills by three strokes for the overall individual lead with a score of 77-72-149 at the conclusion of Saturday’s first two rounds. Panielus fell behind in the second round with an overall score of 74-85-159, Zabrosky 76-78-154, Kruse 81-76-157, and Cutter remained competitive with a score of 78-75-153, good enough for 8th on Saturday.

Megan Tenhundfeld and Macky Fouse also in the invitational but are competing as individuals. By the end of the second round Tenhundfield is tied for 18th with a score of 78-80-158, and Fouse is 24-over-par with an 82-82-164.

The women’s golf team will look to keep rolling as they head into Williamsburg, Va., for the William & Mary invitational that will begin on Sunday, Sept. 14 and continue through Tuesday, Sept. 16.