Seton Hall volleyball looks for sixth straight win as they travel to Villanova

The women’s volleyball team has only dropped two sets in their last five matches as they look to win their second straight Big East game and sixth overall.

Amanda Boyer/Photography Editor

The Pirates (11-3) have been led this season by senior Shelbey Manthorpe who has been a double—double machine and is coming off of a Most Valuable Player award for her performance at the Seton Hall Classic. She had a .318 attack percentage for the tournament and had a career-high 53 assists in the win over Middle Tennessee State.

After dominating their home tournament, the blue and white had three players make the All-Tournament team including Manthorpe and juniors Molly Grammer and Amanda Hansen.

Sophomore Tessa Fournier, in the libero position, has also been solid for the Pirates this season too. She is averaging 4.74 digs per set, which is second in the conference only to Providence’s Michelle Cruz.

The Wildcats come into the match at 8-8 overall this season as they host this one. Villanova is coming off of a win in a five set thriller over the St. John’s Red storm to open up their conference play.

For the Pirates, they do have a hurdle to overcome in this game. They have not won a true road game this season and are 0-2 so far. However, if recent play is any indication they will buck the trend this weekend.

If the Pirates can continue their solid overall play they will be on their way to yet another win as they look to take control in Big East play. They started strong with a sweep over Providence on Wednesday.

The Hall travels to Villanova, Pennsylvania on Saturday to take on the Wildcats at Jake Nevin Field House. First serve is scheduled for 7:00p.m.