Men's golf takes Navy Fall Classic

@SHU_MGolf

The Pirates men’s golf team won the Navy Fall Classic on Sunday, finishing just one stroke ahead of Delaware.

Leading the Pirates on day two of the Annapolis, Md., tournament was sophomore Kevin O’Brien, who shot a 5-under-par for the day and finished with a final score of 72-66-138. Individually, O’Brien finished third among 56 others and his 138 score tied a Pirate record for best par-71 scores.

Junior-transfer Ryan Snouffer continued to make a strong impression with his new team finishing the day 1-under-par and a final score of 68-71-141, tying him for seventh individually.

Senior JT Harper finished 3-over-par with a final score of 71-74-146, while right behind him was teammate and sophomore Lloyd Jefferson ‘LJ’ Go, who finished 4-over-par with a final score of 74-72-146, the two tied for 16th place on the weekend.

Junior David Cha’s 6-over-par, 73-75-148 closed out the scoring for the Hall’s weekend that saw the team finish 1-over-par with a collective 285 on the way to the tournament victory.

On Saturday, Sparta, N.J.-native Ryan Snouffer finished 3-under-par to lead the way for the Pirates. Harper shot an even-par, 71, while O’Brien shot a 1-over-par, 72, to help give the Pirates a strong start in the opening day of the tournament.

David Cha’s 2-over-par, 73 and LJ Go’s 3-over-par, 74, rounded out the Hall’s scores for Saturday.

The win is the first for the men’s golf team since April, 2012, when the Hall won the Manor Intercollegiate.

The Pirates next stop brings them to South Kent, Conn., for the Hartford Hawks Invitational, which will be held on Monday, Sept. 22 through Tuesday, Sept. 23.