Eli Young Band reaches more than '10,000 towns'

Contemporary country group, The Eli Young Band has come a long way since their 2012 release of "Even If It Breaks Your Heart" and hit single "Crazy Girl." On Tuesday, March 4 they premiered their fifth and latest album "10,000 Towns", showcasing their same sound and tune that got fans to love them in the first place.

This album showcases all the members, Mike Eli, and James Young, Jon Jones and drummer Chris Thompson's song writing abilities on their life choices, the good and the bad.

"Drunk Last Night" was the first listen fans got to the new album and were hooked right away hearing Mike Eli's vocals discussing a night he truly forgot and wish he had remembered.

Following their hit single prior to the album release "Drunk Last Night", "Dusk" was the next fan favorite on the album. The song depicts a relationship gone wrong and has an upbeat tone to it. The song provides hope to the listeners.

They take a turn to the slow ballad side with "Angel Like You" and "What Does" on the album as well as with "Let's Do Something Tonight", which has a soft sound and light guitar feel compared to the rest of the 11 song track list.

"A lot of Love" and "Just Add Moonlight" both have classic country themes in their music about a significant other and country roads.

In the title song, "10,000 Towns", the band discusses a "perfect day" in their eyes discussing a sunny day driving around looking up at the stars in the sky hoping this "day" will go onto a thousand towns that night.

"10,000 Towns" is worth a listen for classic country music sounds that The Eli Young band has continued to carry through their music rather than the pop country now coming to a surface at this time. For their third major label release, The Eli Young Band is not a risk taking band but has fans happy and giving praise for when they head on tour this year in early summer.

Amanda Boyer can be reached at amanda.boyer@student.shu.edu.