Investors Foundation awards SHU $10,000

Seton Hall University has been awarded a $10,000 grant by the Investors Foundation, which provides funding to organizations that enrich the communities served by Investors Bank, according to a press release sent by Investors Foundation.

This funding will go toward the University's Nonprofit Sector Resource Institute, according to Investors Foundation.

"Part of Seton Hall's Center for Public Service, the Institute is an academic management support and research center that works to build the capacity of the nonprofit sector in New Jersey and throughout the nation," Investors Foundation said.

According to Investors Foundation, the services that this institute offers include professional development programs for nonprofit management professionals, management assistance to nonprofit organizations and the conducting and dissemination of applied research.

Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations for Seton Hall Stephanie Hauge said the Institute's main programs are the Board Leadership Institute and the Nonprofit Financial Management Program.

"Support from our partners and funders enables financially constrained nonprofits to benefit from participation in these professional development programs," Hauge said.

Kevin Cummings, president and CEO of Investors Bank and a member of the Foundation's board of trustees, said the Institute has been supporting Seton Hall for 17 years.

"Since its founding 17 years ago, the Nonprofit Sector Resource Institute has been giving Seton Hall students, faculty and staff an opportunity to support the vital work that nonprofit organizations perform in our communities," Cummings said.

The institute's director, Barkley Calkins, said Seton Hall "deeply appreciates" the Investors Foundation's support.

"Their friendship and generosity is truly empowering as we work to fulfill our mission," Calkins said.

Lindsay Rittenhouse can be reached at lindsay.rittenhouse@student.shu. edu.