The spirit of giving still strong at the Hall

"This break went by too fast," "I did not get anything accomplished over break," and "I wish that winter break was longer," are all common statements we heard as we reunited with friends and professors during our first week back. As we all start getting back into the swing of things, it is heartwarming to notice that the holiday spirit of giving is still strong on campus.

On the first day of the spring semes­ter, Stuff the Trunk, an event held on behalf of the Community FoodBank of New Jersey collected non-perishable food items for those affected by Hurri­cane Sandy. Even though the storm hit the east coast over two months ago, it is notable that the victims are not forgotten and that we as a Seton Hall community played a part in helping out.

Many individuals as well as organizations on campus participated in the event. It was a great way to start the spring semester off on a happy and positive note.

As we get deeper and deeper into this se­mester and the work begins to steadily in­crease, let us remember that although we may not technically be in the season of giv­ing, the true season of giving never stops. We all have an obligation to help those that are in need.

Even though we may be have a lot on our plates, it is important to remember that we still need to budget time out to give back to those in need. We can do something small such as donating to a food bank or some­thing large such as donating our time to volunteer - but the key is taking a little bit of our time to give back.

On that note, welcome back Pirates!