Looking forward to another Christmas at the Hall

Every year, the tree on the Green is lit, the wreaths are hanged and the Nativity rests outside the Chapel. Every year, the University celebrates another Christmas at the Hall, one of best perks of attending a Catholic institution. Christmas, here at Seton Hall, is truly the most wonderful time of the year.

The Setonian would like to commend the University for continuing to bring this rich tradition to campus, uniting the Seton Hall community during the holiday season. With events such as the Winter Ball, Radio City Christmas Spectacular, ice skating on the Green and a grand tree lighting ceremony to kick-off the season, students, faculty, staff and clergy all have the opportunity to celebrate the Christmas holiday at their home or home away from home.

It is important, especially during this time of the year, that people feel the spirit of the season. No matter where you are from, or where you are going, the holiday season is something special, and it has always been refreshing to see the University take such a pro-active role in creating seasonal delights. Regardless of the fact that it is a Catholic University, any time that the institution goes out of its way to provide an experience for the community is fantastic.

We at The Setonian know that Christmas at the Hall will continue. That is not something that should be called into question. What we do hope, and strongly encourage, is that the University continues to provide these holiday events, whether they are field trips to the city, a celebration of the tree lighting or philanthropic toy drives for those in need. To put it simply, Seton Hall is a great place to be at Christmas.