"Aspiring Kindness" in Aaron's name

Aspiring Kindness Foundation is having an inaugural event to launch their new charity at Beckett's Bar & Grill in New York City on Jan. 22 at 7 p.m.

"Aspiring Kindness Foundation was created to always remember Aaron Karol and everyone involved in the Boland Hall fire by raising funds for several great causes including fire departments, EMTs, first responders, burn units, fire prevention and the Aaron Karol Memorial Scholarship," Mike Merizio, a close friend of Karol's and one of Aspiring Kindness Foundation's founders, said.

According to the Aspiring Kindness Foundation website, Aaron Karol, also known as "AK," died in the Boland Hall fire that occurred at Seton Hall on Jan. 19, 2000.

According to Merizio, 100 percent of the proceeds made tomorrow night will be going to Aspiring Kindness Foundation.

"This being our first event we plan on providing money to the Aaron Karol Memorial Scholarship as well as providing a grant to emergency responders involved in the dormitory tragedy and other emergency responders," Merizio said.

Upon arrival, a minimum donation of $30 per person will be accepted at the door. The $30 charge will include an Aspiring Kindness Foundation t-shirt. There will be drink specials all night.

"The event itself will be an opportunity to meet and greet friends and family while having a few drinks. There is also a raffle that will include 2 tickets to a Rangers game at MSG, 2 tickets to a Knicks game at MSG, an IPOD Nano, and much more," said Karol's friend.

For directions to Beckett's Bar and Grill, visit www.beckettsnyc.com. For more information about Aspiring Kindness Foundation, visit http://aspiringkindness.org/.

Kimberly Bolognini can be reached at kimberly.bolognini@student.shu.edu.