Sanogo suspended for violation of team and University rules

Seton Hall men’s basketball forward Ismael Sanogo will not suit up on Dec. 23 in the Pirates' final game of non-conference play against Manhattan due to a violation of team and university rules, the team announced in a press release Friday. The violation has not specifically been outlined, nor has the timetable for when the senior will return. Nevertheless, coach Kevin Willard stated in the release that Sanogo will return once he makes the necessary changes to right his wrongs. [caption id="attachment_20815" align="aligncenter" width="1200"] Sarah Yenesel/Photography Editor[/caption] “Ish has a responsibility to himself and his teammates to abide by all the rules of this university and team,” Willard said. Hopefully, he will understand the opportunity he has attending Seton Hall University, and he will make the changes he needs to make to be allowed back on this team.” Zach Braziller of the New York Post added that a source said it is not an academic issue, calling it "a series of really bad judgments." https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/944273135016316928 Sanogo had played arguably his best game of the season individually in the Pirates' upset loss to Rutgers on Dec. 16, recording season-highs in points (10) and minutes (32). Now, with Sanogo sidelined, the Pirates will look toward redshirt junior Michael Nzei and freshman Sandro Mamukelashvili to compensate for however long Sanogo is out. Seton Hall will begin conference play at home on Dec. 28 against Creighton, and three days later will welcome local rival St. John’s to the Prudential Center. James Justice can be reached at james.justice@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @JamesJusticeIII.