Stomp the Hall to showcase talents in UGC

Stomp the Hall is a showcase that will highlight the talents of fraternities and sororities within the United Greek Council (UGC) on Nov. 2 in the Main Lounge of the University Center. Heather Harris, a senior Africana studies and history major and sister of the Zeta Phi Beta sorority, explained Stomp the Hall as, “A creative way to get your organization out there.” [caption id="attachment_20466" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] Stomp the Hall to showcase talents in UGC.
Photo courtesy of Nia Green[/caption] A total number of eight organizations will be performing in an effort to represent the spirit of their group. Every member in the fraternities and sororities is required to perform with their organization, a rule that is implemented by the UGC. In the past, many of the Greeks stepped, strolled or sang to show off their organization. Harris said that her sorority is doing both, stepping and strolling, which includes lots of practicing to prepare. “Stomp the Hall is a good way to see the fun side and effort the fraternities and sororities put into their organizations,” Harris said. The fraternities performing will include Alpha Phi Alpha Inc., Phi Beta Sigma Inc., Lambda Theta Phi Latin Inc. and Psi Sigma Phi Multicultural Inc. There will also be four sororities performing, which include Zeta Phi Beta Inc., Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Inc., Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Inc., and Lambda Tau Omega Inc. Sydra Berra, a junior social and behavioral sciences major, attended a similar event last year offered by the United Greek Council. “Some performances are better than others,” Berra said. “But the amazing thing about this event is that gives other students a chance to see the multitude of Greek organizations they can chose from.” Nia Green, a junior sociology and Africana studies major, is a new member of Zeta Phi Beta sorority. She explained the purpose of the showcase. “The goal for this semester’s performance is to have fun, engage with the audience and express our uniqueness as an organization with the SHU community at large,” Green said. Stomp the Hall is an events that introduces the students of Seton Hall to the multitude of fraternities and sororities they may explore. It also gives Seton Hall students a sense of the cultures that surround them on campus. Doors open at 7 p.m. Seton Hall students have free admission and non-SHU student tickets are $6, which can be bought on EventBrite. Zoey Dotson can be reached at zoey.dotson@student.shu.edu.