Satterfield, Pirates Plunder the Hoyas in Second In-Season Bout, 71-54 

Seton Hall triumphed over the Georgetown Hoyas, 71-54, for the second time this season in a clean home victory this Wednesday in Walsh Gymnasium. The Pirates maintained a comfortable lead in a strong offensive showing against the Hoyas, a notorious defensive specialist in the Big East.  

The Pirates struck first with a layup from Azana Baines assisted by Amari Wright, and Seton Hall never trailed for the remainder of the contest. Their lead quickly extended to 7 with offensive efforts from Kae Satterfield and Micah Gray. They held a 9-point lead at the end of the first, holding the Hoyas to only 8 points.  

Seton Hall did not relent in the second, and Satterfield continued her offensive streak with a jumper at the beginning of the quarter. The Pirate advantage only continued to grow, and they were up by 20 points following a late-quarter triple from Brazil Harvey-Carr. The Hall came into the second half leading by 19 with plenty of momentum.  

Going into the third, the Pirates went on a 9-2 scoring burst and extended their lead to 47-21 following a trey from Satterfield. The Hoyas rallied with a run of their own and stifled the Pirates defensively for the remainder of the quarter. The Pirates led by 14 going into the fourth.  

Seton Hall and Georgetown exchanged points for the majority of the fourth quarter, with successive layups from Satterfield and I’yanna Lops. The Hoyas responded, with jumpers from former Pirate Mya Bembry and a three-ball from Alex Cowan.  

The Pirates then held Georgetown scoreless in a 7-0 run until the final two minutes of the game. The Hall led by a comfortable 17 points as time expired, despite a few late game buckets from the Hoyas.  

Satterfield led the Pirates in scoring, recording 17 points on 60% shooting. Baines followed close behind, tallying 14. The Hoyas’ leading scorer was Bembry, who dropped 12 with an impressive 100% field goal percentage.  

With their win over Georgetown, Seton Hall increases to a respectable .500 in the Big East and a 13-8 record overall. The Pirates are now gearing up to play Villanova in an away game this Saturday at Finneran Pavilion. 

Christian Hui can be reached at christian.hui@student.shu.edu.