Photo via Seton Hall Athletics

Men’s Cross-Country seals victory at Embry-Riddle Cross Country Classic

The Seton Hall Men’s cross-country team emerged victorious at the Embry-Riddle Cross Country Classic after traveling to Daytona Beach, Florida this week. The competition included 14 teams across an 8k circuit.

The Pirates took first and second place with Stephen Beaman and Logan Brunozzi's times of 26:50.40 and 27:25.90, respectively, which were pivotal finishes for the team. Sophomore Kendal Lanier and freshmen Jeffrey Grynaviski and Joseph Butler all finished in the top 10 helping to secure an overall victory for Seton Hall. 

The Pirates won the day with a total of 23 points, finishing first to the hosts Embry-Riddle, who totaled 48 points. The competition included 14 teams across an 8k circuit. 

The hilly narrow course and tight turns proved to be no match for the pirates who managed to battle through the different terrains of the circuit more efficiently than opponents to secure optimal results. The team found a way to put in a performance that took the victory as they returned home to South Orange with a win and positive momentum they can use looking forward to the next race.

The men’s cross-country team has now won two of their three meets this year, while the other saw the team finish in second place out of five teams. The Pirates continue their season on Saturday, Sept. 23, at the Maryland Eastern Shore Farm Run in Princess Anne, Maryland.

Phoebe Hampson can be reached at phoebe.hampson@student.shu.edu