Photo via Seton Hall Athletics

Fouratt, Busetto Take Pitch for Last Time as Pirates Compete in Big East Championship

The Pirates competed in the Big East Women’s Golf Championships at Riverton Pointe Golf and Country Club in Hardeeville, South Carolina where they finished fifth overall with a score of 945. Xavier took first place for their fourth-straight Big East Championship with 893 strokes.

In her final performance of a five-year career with Seton Hall, Sarah Fouratt led the Pirates with an 82-75-76-233 finish, as she took 11th place. Fouratt recorded eight birdies over the course of the tournament and had a notable second round performance of 75 strokes, only three above par.

Following close behind were sophomore Ana Sarrias and junior Ginevra Ricciardelli, both tied for 16th. Both golfers finished three rounds in 237 strokes, 21 above the tournament par. Sarrias had ten birdies in three rounds, five of which came in her round three performance of 74 strokes. This was the lowest score for any Seton Hall golfer in this year’s tournament. Ricciardelli had three birdies in the tournament as well as an eagle on day two off a long putt.

Senior Ludovica Busetto also played in her final tournament, where she took 21st place with a score of 83-77-79-239. Busetto had five birdies and two eagles, one each in rounds two and three.

Rounding out the Pirates’ roster was Lara Todorovic, who took 27th place in her first Big East Championship appearance. She finished the tournament with 258 strokes across three rounds. Todorovic had two birdies for the tournament.

In her last tournament with the Hall, Fouratt placed first for Seton Hall golfers. Sarrias and Ricciardelli tied for third place for the Pirates. Busetto’s final outing with the Pirates had her ranked fourth among her teammates, and Todorovic was fifth among the five golfers that competed in the Big East Tournament for Seton Hall this year.  

Seton Hall drops only one spot in the NCAA Division I rankings, finishing 163rd out of 263 other schools. As some of the Hall’s younger talents had their first taste of NCAA tournament play this year, one can expect the Pirates to be in top shape for the fall season.

Christian Hui can be reached at christian.hui@student.shu.edu