Things to do in New Jersey during springtime

With spring underway, many students are looking to make the most of it by spending time at the places New Jersey has to offer. 

Neyha Ramani, a junior nursing major, said she likes to spend her time working out at Crunch Fitness, a public gym with locations in Springfield, Verona and Garwood. 

“I love going to an off-campus gym because it has different equipment that the Seton Hall gym doesn't have, and it helps me focus on my mental health,” Ramani said. “In other words, I can get away from school and use this gym as an outlet for my stress.”

Josh Guallpa, a sophomore business administration major, said he enjoys playing soccer during the springtime. Guallpa said he goes to an indoor sports complex in Metuchen to train and play with teammates.

“It’s always fun,” Guallpa said. “The place has a lot of space to play whatever and you get a nice workout in.”

Guallpa also said there are other sports complexes around New Jersey, including the Underhill sports complex in Maplewood, just a three-minute drive from campus. 

Some students prefer to go out to eat instead of participating in physical activity. David Babigan, a sophomore diplomacy and international relations major, said he has eaten at BGR several times.

“I would recommend going here because they have pretty good burgers and fries,” Babigan said. “I normally get a bacon cheeseburger, which I would recommend eating if you do go there.”

BGR is a 15-minute walk from campus located in the Village. Also, Seton Hall students can receive a 10% discount if they show their school ID. 

Matthew Mendives can be reached at matthew.mendives@student.shu.edu