Seton Hall men’s basketball forward Tray Jackson enters transfer portal

After his third season in the Pirates blue, senior Tray Jackson has decided to enter the transfer portal as a graduate transfer. He becomes the first Seton Hall player to announce his departure following the NIT loss to Colorado.

Jackson began his collegiate career at the University of Missouri, where he averaged 2.9 points in his lone year with the Tigers. He looked for a bigger opportunity with The Hall and was scheduled to redshirt during the 2020-2021 season until he was declared eligible by the NCAA. He appeared in just three games under former head coach Kevin Willard.

The 2021-2022 season saw bigger things for Jackson, who appeared in all 32 and started 18 of them. Jackson averaged nearly 7 points and 3.5 rebounds with good efficiency from behind-the-arc and the free-throw line. His size and ability to stretch the floor were vital to the Pirates’ successes.

With the hiring of Shaheen Holloway, there was not a solidified role for Jackson as the team attempted to navigate a new system. Jackson saw less time on the floor overall, averaging three less minutes per game while not checking into three games and starting no games for the Pirates during the 2022-2023 season.

It is expected that Tray Jackson is extremely sought out in the portal for his size and athleticism. The 6’10” forward produced a lot for The Hall and will be a great contributor as a graduate transfer.

Thomas Donnelly can be reached at thomas.donnelly@student.shu.edu. Find him on Twitter @_tommyd023.