Meet The Setonian’s 2019-2020 editorial board

The time has come, Pirates! This is officially the last issue of The Setonian for the academic year, and the current editorial board cannot thank you enough for being the best readership there is and making the news happen.

As we said in last week’s Voice, in addition to reflecting on our year there would be no paper without you and this is why we want to keep the line of communication as open with you as possible. In that spirit, we’d like to introduce you to the 2019-2020 Setonian Editorial Board.

Isabel Soisson has been reelected as Editor-in-Chief and will continue to serve as such until her graduation next May. She has loved every minute of serving in the role this past semester and cannot wait to continue her tenure during her senior year. Soisson has worked at CNBC her entire junior year and has in the past interned at Philadelphia Magazine, and has recently accepted an internship with Philadelphia Style Magazine for the coming summer. She’s served in four different editorial board positions during her time at Seton Hall and it is because of all of this, paired with her past semester as Editor-in-Chief that The Setonian’s editorial board feels she is the best candidate to continue serving in the role.

The Setonian is welcoming five new members to the editorial board next academic year. Justin Sousa will be stepping into the role as Assistant Sports Editor and Jillian Cancela will be coming on board as Assistant Photography Editor. Evando Thompson is becoming a Digital Editor and both Shayan Dawood and Caitlin Gartley are coming on as Social Media Editors. Kiera Alexander, our former Assistant Photography Editor, has been promoted to Photography Editor.

Returning to the editorial board is Alyssa Schirm as Managing Editor, Nicholas Kerr as News Editor, Thomas Schwartz as Assistant News Editor, Rhania Kamel as News Copy Editor and Liam Oakes as Campus Life Editor.

Kristel Domingo will continue serving as Assistant Campus Life Editor, Werdeh Hassan will continue as Campus Life Copy Editor and Tyler Calvaruso as Sports Editor. Kevin Kopf will continue to serve as Sports Copy Editor. Robert Fallo and Kyle Beck will continue as Digital Editors, Vanessa Vela as one of our Social Media Editors and Clara Capone as Graphics Editor.

So, that’s it for us, Pirates. It’s been a great year. Make sure to check out www.thesetonian.com this summer for our content and keep a lookout for our orientation issue over the summer.

The Voice is intended to best represent the collective opinion of The Editorial Board. It is written by The Setonian’s Editor-in-Chief.