The Setonian elects Editor-in-Chief for spring

The Setonian’s Editorial Board is pleased to announce that Isabel Soisson has been named its Editor-in-Chief for the Spring 2019 semester. Soisson will take over for Samantha Todd, who graduates this December. [caption id="attachment_25323" align="aligncenter" width="768"] Photo courtesy of Isabel Soisson[/caption] A junior, Soisson currently serves as News Editor. She has been on The Setonian’s editorial board for three years, since the very beginning of her college career. She started her freshman year as Assistant Digital Editor and worked her way up to Assistant News Editor her sophomore year, before assuming the position of News Editor last December. A Philadelphia native, Soisson is a journalism major with a political science minor. She has interned at various media outlets, including CNBC.com where she currently works as a breaking-news desk intern and will continue to work next semester. At CNBC, she has covered topics such as politics, retail, stocks and technology. She has also worked with CNBC reporters doing research on subjects such as political campaign analytics and stock market trends. Soisson also interned at Philadelphia Magazine last summer, where she reported for both online and print publication in addition to managing their business Twitter. Some of her plans for The Setonian include exploring more investigative reporting. She thinks this is the best way for the entire staff of the paper to become better writers, editors and reporters. She values objectivity and has a talent for reporting and writing news. She has high journalistic standards for herself and The Setonian. Soisson gets the facts straight and makes sure that everyone’s voices are heard. She challenges the news staff writers and everyone on the editorial board to be better and put out the very best content we can. Aside from her professionalism, Soisson has been an invaluable member of The Setonian and we look forward to seeing what direction she takes the newspaper in. She is a team player and works hard. She never says no to taking on a story assignment and is up for any challenge. The newspaper is excited for Soisson to take over in December. We know she will do great things during her tenure as Editor-in-Chief. Congratulations Isabel! The Voice is intended to best represent the collective opinion of The Editorial Board. It is written by The Setonian’s Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor.