Pirates stay perfect thanks to late-game heroics from McKenzie

The Seton Hall men’s soccer team remained perfect on the season with a 2-1 victory at Central Connecticut State University on Tuesday night. The win puts the team at 2-0 under first-year head coach Andreas Lindberg and is Seton Hall's best start to a season since 2008. The Pirates jumped on the board first with a goal in the 19th minute by Martin Storesund off a through ball up the left side from Alex Pozesky. Nine minutes later, the Blue Devils retaliated with a goal from Aidan O’Brien to tie the score at one apiece. For almost an hour, the score was at a standstill despite several attempts by the Pirates. However, with five minutes left in regulation, a cross from Nico Andersen to Carlton McKenzie found its way past Central Connecticut State’s defenders and to the bottom left corner of the net to give the Pirates a 2-1 lead over the Blue Devils. Seton Hall’s defense was able to hold down the in the remaining minutes to secure the win. McKenzie ended the game with five shots and four shots on goal while the Storesund finished with three shots of his own. The Hall wraps up its three-game road stand with a match at Delaware on Saturday, September 1 at 7 p.m. Andrea Keppler can be reached at andrea.keppler@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @keppler_andrea.