The Voice: Thanks to the man behind the scenes of The Setonian

As school winds down, it is with great pride that we look back upon a very successful year. The Setonian’s editors truly feel our organization has made an impact on campus like never before. We’re not the only ones that think so, with administrators and faculty going out of their way all year long to commend our student journalists on a job well-done. [caption id="attachment_19027" align="aligncenter" width="838"] Greg Medina/Asst. Photography Editor.[/caption] However, there is one man who, outside of our newsroom, does not get the credit he deserves. That would be Anthony DePalma, The Setonian’s adviser. Seton Hall’s writer in residence and a member of The New York Times for 20-plus years, “ADP” has advised The Setonian for three years. He too sacrifices countless hours and edits endless articles for us each week. Over the years, it has become apparent that he does this because he genuinely cares about students. Whether it be at The Setonian or in the classroom, DePalma is always pushing us to be better – the mark of an inspiring teacher and adviser. Sadly, this will be his final year as both at Seton Hall. The College of Communication and the Arts has provided little explanation as to why his contract was not renewed despite faculty and student complaints. While it is a shame future students will not have the opportunity to work with the distinguished alumnus, we, in our last issue of the academic year, would be remiss to not publicly acknowledge all that he has done for us. So, with that said, thank you, sir – for everything. The Voice is intended to best represent the collective opinion of The Setonian’s Editorial Board. It is written by The Setonian’s Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor.