The Setonian will be part of Seton Hall’s change

The Voice

Change is all around us.

This applies to our country, our community and, of course, the school we attend.

Improving Seton Hall will be The Setonian’s intention as well.

We are aiming to make a difference. We are determined, through objective reporting, creative storytelling and – when necessary – critical opinion, to better this University in ways both big and small.

What we do will not always fall in line with what the University wants, but that will not deter us. Already in this first issue, we have addressed the challenges faced by the LGBTQ community at a Catholic institution. We will continue to do so.

There will be challenges – our newspaper has gone through some changes itself. We have modified our “Pirate Life” section to “Campus Life” to better reflect the section’s direction. Our website and social media platforms are still expanding. Our editorial team is younger than it has been in years.

Still, The Setonian is stronger and more united than ever. We all share in this vision to serve our community. We will take our motto, “The Voice of the Seton Hall Community,” seriously. We plan to speak up.

We plan to be part of the change.

The Voice is intended to best represent the collective opinion of The Setonian’s editorial board. It is written by The Setonian’s Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor.